Terms & Conditions
This User Agreement (“Terms & Conditions”) is effective as of September 21, 2020. It describes the terms by which you will be bound when you use the services accessible at www.myfx.ca (“Service”). Do not use the Service if you do not agree to be bound by these terms. By using the Service you agree to all of the terms contained in this User Agreement.
As used throughout this Agreement, the terms “Myfx”, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to 12134373 Canada Inc, the corporation, together with its employees, directors, successors, and assignees. The terms “you” and “your” refer to users of the Service, whether as Senders or Recipients.
1. THE SERVICE
The Service allows users to send international money transfers from Canada to other countries served by Myfx. A “Sender” uses the Service to send money and a “Recipient” receives money through the Service. A “Transaction” refers to an order to send money through the Service. The “Transaction Amount” is the amount in which the Sender provides to Myfx for transfer to the Recipient. The “Payout Amount” is the amount paid out to the Recipient.
2. ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SERVICE
1. Age and Capacity. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old and have the capacity to enter into a legally binding agreement under applicable law in order to access or use the Service as a Sender. You must use the Service in your individual capacity and not on behalf of a business or legal entity. Other restrictions may apply.
2. Others. You may not submit or receive a Transaction on behalf of any other person.
3. Offer and Acceptance. If you submit a Transaction, you are requesting that we process your Transaction, an offer that we may accept or reject at our sole discretion.
3. PAYING FOR THE SERVICE
1. Charges. With each Transaction you submit you are agreeing to pay us a service fee (“Service Fee”), in addition to the Transaction Amount.
Payment is due at the time the Transaction is submitted for processing. If you submit a Transaction that results in us being charged NSF fees, chargeback fees, or other similar costs, you agree to reimburse Myfx for all such fees.
2. Payment. In order for us to process your Transaction you authorize us to charge any of the payment instruments included in your payment profile (“Payment Instrument” includes credit card, debit card, or bank account). If your payment fails you authorize us to re-try one or more times using the same Payment Instrument. You warrant that you are an authorized and lawful user of the Payment Instrument(s).
3. Other Charges. We are not responsible for fees that may be imposed by financial institutions associated with your Payment Instruments. For example, some credit card issuers may treat the use of your credit card to use the Service as a “cash advance” and may impose additional fees and interest cost for the Transaction. Myfx is not responsible for any NSF fees, chargeback fees, or other, similar charges that might be imposed on you by your bank, credit card issuer, or other provider.
4. RECEIVING A REMITTANCE
1. Service Providers. We work with local banks and other third party outlets (each, a “Service Provider”) to make funds available to Recipients. As a Sender, you are appointing your Recipient as your agent for the purpose of receiving funds transmitted through the Service.
2. Verification. Recipients May be required to prove their identities before receiving funds by presenting valid identification. Also, Recipients may be required to provide a reference number or another similar identifier associated with their Transactions.
5. IMPORTANT SERVICE RESTRICTIONS
1. General. We may refuse any Transaction or limit the amount to be transferred, either on a per Transaction or aggregated basis. These limits may be imposed on individual accounts or linked accounts. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue all or any part of the Service.
2. Delays. Your Transaction may be delayed by our effort to verify your identity and validate your Payment Instruments and otherwise comply with laws or manage our financial risk. You may be entitled to a refund in certain circumstances and you may cancel your Transaction at any time while it is pending.
3. Commercial Transactions. You should not use the Service to send money except to people that you know. We are not responsible for, the quality or delivery of goods or services that you pay for using the Service. You accept that using the Service to pay for goods and services is at your own risk.
4. Unauthorized Transactions. You may not use the Service in violation of this User Agreement or applicable laws, rules or regulations. It is a violation of the User Agreement to use the Service for any of the following: sexually-oriented materials or services, gambling activities, fraud, money-laundering, the funding of terrorist organizations, or the purchase or sale of tobacco, tobacco related paraphernalia, firearms, prescription drugs, or other controlled substances; or to send money to a Recipient that has violated the User Agreement. If you use the Service in connection with illegal conduct, Myfx will report you to law enforcement. We recommend you use the Service to send money to friends and family and, therefore, you should not use the Service to send money to strangers.
5. Ineligibility. We may refuse Transactions from certain Senders and to certain Recipients that are included on the Specially Designated Persons list, Non-cooperative Countries and Territories list, and such other lists as issued by different government agencies.
6. No Changes. We generally do not let you change the details of your Transaction once it has been submitted to us for processing. It is your responsibility to make sure your Transaction details are accurate.
7. Restricted Activities. In connection with your use of our website or the Service, or in the course of your interactions with Myfx, a user or a third party, you will not:
1. Breach this User Agreement, or any other agreement between you and Myfx;
2. Provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information;
3. Refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity;
4. Use an anonymizing proxy;
5. Use any automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our website.